I recently spent the best part of a day trying to figure out how to replace a single part of a Magento checkout with a custom template. Since I spent most of my time jumping around the internet, I thought I'd collate my findings in this post.
Redirecting http:// to https:// is standard practice, but how do you test that locally if the redirect depends on environment variables and a certain set of paths?
You've got an update hook that depends on a new field that depends on config import that needs to be done after the update hook has run that requires the config import that needs... ARGH.
In a headless setup, I wanted to protect the user registration endpoint from being accessed by unauthenticated users. I achieved it using the Simple Oauth module.
I'm setting up a controller on Drupal 8 which should redirct to the home page if certain query parameters aren't set. Writing a test to make sure that the redirect happens correctly took longer than expected. After trying a number of different approaches, I finally figured it out.
I make it a habit to ignore all file permission changes in Git, but sometimes I need to make a script executable. This is how I change the permissions on a file in such a way that they're stored in the repo.
While starting on a new project recently, I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to Drush 9. The upgrade process, especially since it's an Acquia site, was a little bit haphazard. In this post I'll describe the issues I faced and how I resolved them.
Over the course of a recent project, I helped to write some custom modules that have been reused across a few other projects internally. Instead of keeping them internal, I decided to open-source them and post them on Drupal.org, feeding back to the community and ensuring the stability and safety of the code. I found the process to be quite difficult to follow, so here's a handy summary of how to publish a module to Drupal.org, and some tips and tricks along the way.
See all tags.